Related Articles & Opinion
Should youth be sentenced to life without parole? The U.S. Supreme Court considers the issue. Some of the coverage and editorials:
- U.S. Supreme Court Blog: Compromise on youth sentences? »
- The New York Times: Juveniles don't deserve life sentences
- The Nation: Why life without parole is wrong for juveniles
- Scientific American: Your teen's brain--driving without the brakes
- CNN: "Don't put juveniles in jail for life"
- The Huffington Post: Court wary of life without parole for juveniles
- The Guardian UK: "Jailed for life at age 14: US Supreme Court to consider juvenile sentences"
- The National Catholic Reporter: "U.S. Supreme Court should give juveniles the chance to prove they've changed"
- The Daily Beast--Legal: "Ex-Prisoners Say Life Term Is Cruel for Teens, As Case Hits High Court"
- Philly.com: "Teens change, given a chance"
- News One (Associated Press): "Should Juveniles Receive Life Without Parole?"
- The Birmingham News: "US Supreme Court considers Alabama case of 14-year-old murderer on Tuesday"
- Crime & Punishment: "Supreme Court to Review Juvenile Injustice"