October 27, 2011
National Juvenile Justice Network
Download the October 27, 2011 issue of our newsletter in its entirety here (PDF). Here's what's in it:
- We're Moving! - After November 1, 2011, our new street address will be: 1319 F Street, NW, Suite 402, Washington, DC 20004. Our phones and emails will remain the same.
- Americans Support Rehabilitation and Treatment for Youth Over Lockup
- Huge Gaps in National Data on Youth Tried as Adults
- NY Opts Out of Federal Sex Offender Law
- Wisconsin: (Mostly) Good News on Juvenile Justice
- Roundup: OpEd on Nonviolent Youth and Prison, and More
- Washington Post Op-Ed Opposes Plans To Gut Juvenile Justice Funding
- Come Work For Us:
We're looking for a part-time, unpaid Fiscal Policy Center Fellow to work with the Director of our Fiscal Policy Center to compile strategic and datadriven materials for our members. The Fellow will also help provide technical assistance to statebased NJJN members on fiscal issues. The Fellow must commit to at least 812 hours per week on site at NJJN's office in Washington, D.C. Bachelor's degree required. For more information and to apply, email resume and a short statement of your interest in the position to email@example.com.